Stress - Strain - Elongation - Fracture
Tensile Testing is a destructive test method where controlled load is applied to a specimen until it fractures. Stress strain curves highlights the material’s deformation in response to a tensile, compressive, or torsional load applications. Depending on the material being tested (Either brittle or ductile for example), a stress strain curve can indicate key properties of the material including its elastic region, plastic region, yield point, and ultimate tensile strength.
DETERMINATION OF MECHANICAL PROPERTIES
Tensile test is most essential and most common test to determine mechanical properties of material. Essentially it measures a material strength and its ductility or stretch.
Test properties which result from this test include:
- Maximum Load
- Break Load
- Yield Load
- Stress (Yield Strength & Ultimate Tensile Strength)
- Strain (Elongation & Area Reduction)
- Young’s Modulus
- Poisson’s ratio
SIGNIFICANCE OF TENSILE TEST
- Provides basis for selection of material based on strength.
- Provides basis for structural design calculation
- Appropriate for assessing quality of material
EILAB CAPABILITY FOR TENSILE TEST
EILAB has equipped with the versatile testing machines to accommodate most of the engineering product requirement and ensuring reliable, consistent testing results through competent personal along with the reliable working equipment in due calibration state. Few adherent test codes has given below
- ASTM E8 : Standard Test Methods for Tension Testing of Metallic Materials
- ASTM A370 : Standard Test Methods and Definitions for Mechanical Testing of Steel Products
- ASTM B557 : Standard Test Methods for Tension Testing Wrought and Cast Aluminum- and Magnesium-Alloy Products
- ISO 6892-1 : Metallic materials — Tensile testing — Part 1: Method of test at room temperature
- ISO 898-1 : Mechanical properties of fasteners made of carbon steel and alloy steel — Part 1: Bolts, screws and studs with specified property classes — Coarse thread and fine pitch thread
EILAB TENSILE MACHINE (UTM) CAPABILITY
At EILAB, Tensile Tests are performed using 1000kN universal tensile machine which provide accurate and reliable tension test. Our equipment is ideal for measuring the tensile properties of carbon steel, alloy steel, cast iron, stainless steel, aluminum, copper and many other materials.Common Tests Performed on Universal Tensile Machine (UTM) include.
- All Weld Tensile Test
- Transverse Tensile Test
- Longitudinal Tensile Test
- Through Thickness Tensile Test
- Pull-out Test
- Compression Test
- Shear Test
OUR CORE SERVICES INCLUDE:
Inspection, testing and endorsement services for various industries
Conventional and Advance NDT Services
Asset Integrity Management and Field Inspection Services
Post-Weld Heat Treatment (PWHT) Services
Mechanical and Welding Qualification Testing
Metallurgical Failure Investigation
Corrosion Investigation and Testing
Analytical Chemical Testing
Rope Access for inspection at heights and "Normally difficult to Access" locations.
Our services are indispensable for the process owners and help them decide the course of action related to their materials, equipment, components for qualification and continued usage through our core services.
OVER THREE DECADES OF PROFESSIONAL EXCELLENCE
Analytical and Technical Laboratory in the Middle East having Metallurgy, Mechanical Testing, Chemical Testing,
NDT, Marine Survey, Field Inspection, Asset Integrity Services and PWHT facilities all under one roof that employs over 100 professionals. And Versatile Integrated Quality Management System and International Approvals.