Qualitative Measure of Ductility of the Material
Bend testing helps to access the ductility of the material in a qualitative means. The test name itself dictates the material will be subject to bending to incorporate excess plastic deformation in the specimen at the area on interest.
Upon clear examination of bended sample would allow us to estimate/predict the inherent defects present in the material as well susceptibility of material to cracks.
It has essential role in view of weld quality operational control to qualify the welder as well the welding procedure specifications as per applicable codes and specifications.
EILAB CAPABILITY FOR BEND TEST
The size of specimen and the extent of bending varies and depends on material as well the intended application/codes & specifications. Few of the test methods are listed below.
- BS EN ISO 15614-1: Specification and qualification of welding procedures for metallic materials — Welding procedure test — Part 1: Arc and gas welding of steels and arc welding of nickel and nickel alloys
- ASME SEC. IX : Welding, Brazing & Fusing Qualifications
- AWS D1.1 : Structural Welding – Steel
- AWS D1.2: Structural Welding Code – Aluminum
- BS EN ISO 5173 : Destructive tests on welds in metallic materials — Bend tests
- API 1104 : Standard for welding pipelines & Related Facilities.
OUR CORE SERVICES INCLUDE:
Inspection, testing and endorsement services for various industries
Conventional and Advance NDT Services
Asset Integrity Management and Field Inspection Services
Post-Weld Heat Treatment (PWHT) Services
Mechanical and Welding Qualification Testing
Metallurgical Failure Investigation
Corrosion Investigation and Testing
Analytical Chemical Testing
Rope Access for inspection at heights and "Normally difficult to Access" locations.
Our services are indispensable for the process owners and help them decide the course of action related to their materials, equipment, components for qualification and continued usage through our core services.
OVER THREE DECADES OF PROFESSIONAL EXCELLENCE
Analytical and Technical Laboratory in the Middle East having Metallurgy, Mechanical Testing, Chemical Testing,
NDT, Marine Survey, Field Inspection, Asset Integrity Services and PWHT facilities all under one roof that employs over 100 professionals. And Versatile Integrated Quality Management System and International Approvals.