Improve Ductility, Toughness and Machinability
Normalizing is a heat treatment process where a material is heated to a known elevated temperature, hold at that temperature for a certain period of time, and then allowed to cool freely in the air to reach room temperature.
The normalizing process is usually applied to metals that have been subjected to thermal or mechanical hardening processes and require their microstructure to be normalized. After normalizing, the metal gets back its ductility and the hardness are reduced.
Our experienced team of metallurgists carry out such heat treatment using accurately temperature-controlled muffle furnace, for normalizing responsive materials like carbon steel, stainless steel, cast iron, aluminum, copper, brass etc.
MATERIALS SUITABLE FOR NORMALIZING HEAT TREATMENT
- Carbon steel
- Stainless steel
- Alloy steel
- Cast iron
- Nickel alloys
ADVANTAGES OF NORMALIZING
- Remove structural irregularities or impurities and defects from the metal.
- Improve ductility that has been lost in some metal processing.
- Reduce the hardness increased by mechanical or thermal hardening processes.
- Increase the toughness of the metal.
- Relieve internal stresses.
- Improved machinability.
APPLICATION OF NORMALIZING
- Carbon steel is normalized when it is cold-rolled to reduce brittleness and increase ductility.
- After work hardening of ferritic stainless-steel stampings in the automotive industry, they are normalized to regain their mechanical properties.
- After the thermal microstructure alteration during welding in nickel-based alloys in the nuclear industry, normalizing is performed.
OUR CORE SERVICES INCLUDE:
Inspection, testing and endorsement services for various industries
Conventional and Advance NDT Services
Asset Integrity Management and Field Inspection Services
Post-Weld Heat Treatment (PWHT) Services
Mechanical and Welding Qualification Testing
Metallurgical Failure Investigation
Corrosion Investigation and Testing
Analytical Chemical Testing
Rope Access for inspection at heights and "Normally difficult to Access" locations.
Our services are indispensable for the process owners and help them decide the course of action related to their materials, equipment, components for qualification and continued usage through our core services.
OVER THREE DECADES OF PROFESSIONAL EXCELLENCE
Analytical and Technical Laboratory in the Middle East having Metallurgy, Mechanical Testing, Chemical Testing,
NDT, Marine Survey, Field Inspection, Asset Integrity Services and PWHT facilities all under one roof that employs over 100 professionals. And Versatile Integrated Quality Management System and International Approvals.