WELDER QUALIFICATION • PROCEDURE QUALIFICATION • MATERIAL QUALIFICATION
Qualification of Welding Procedure Specification and Welders through PQR Test and WQT Test
Our Mechanical Testing facility has been instrumental in qualifying Welding Procedure Specification and Welders for our various clients through PQR Test and WQT Test.
We undertake Procedure Qualification and Welder Qualification for various applicable standards and marine class which include:
APPLICABLE STANDARDS AND CLASS
- ASME BPVC Section IX
- AWS D1.1
- Marine Class DNV GL
- Marine Class LR
- Marine Class ABS
- Marine Class ClassNK
- Marine Class IRS
- Marine Class GL
- Marine Class RINA
TYPICAL TEST FOR QUALIFICATION
- Radiography Test
- Ultrasonic Test
- Liquid Penetrant Test
- Magnetic Particle Test
- Tensile Test
- Bend Test
- Charpy Impact Test
- Macro Etch Test
- Weld Hardness Survey
- Microstructural Test
Qualification of the procedure specification demonstrates the mechanical properties of the joint made using a joining process, and not the skill of the person using the joining process. Test coupons are welded and tested for its mechanical properties in destructive testing. All records of all variables during coupon welding and result of tests are documented in Procedure Qualification Record (PQR).
During the welding of the test coupon, all real-time data is recorded and after a satisfactory lab test report, the welding procedure specification (WPS) gets qualified. It is also called as procedure qualification and all the real-time welding data along-with the lab test report is known as Procedure qualification record (PQR).
Standards like ASME BPVC Section IX dictates thickness range and required tests for which a Welding procedure specification (WPS) gets qualified. Typical qualification range is given in ASME BPVC section IX Table QW 451.1.
IMPORTANT FACTORS FOR WQT
- Welding Procedure Specification (WPS)
- Welding Process
- Size of test coupon
- Position of the test coupon
- Filler metal/Electrode
- Procedure Qualification Test
INDUSTRIES WE PROVIDE SERVICES
- Oil and Gas Refineries
- Oil and Gas Platforms
- Storage Tank Farms
- Power Plant
- Chemical and Fertilizer
THAT’S HOW WE DO
- Procedure Qualification Test –It is required to qualify a proposed Welding procedure specification (WPS). The purpose of qualifying the procedure specification is to demonstrate that the joining process proposed for construction is capable of producing joints having the required mechanical properties for the intended application.
- Welder Performance Qualification (WPQ) – It is also known as Welder Qualification Test (WQT) or Performance Qualification. The purpose of qualifying the person who will use a joining process is to demonstrate that person’s ability to produce a sound joint when using a procedure specification.The welder is asked to weld a test coupon in accordance with the qualified welding procedure specification (WPS), then visual inspection and LPI/MPI (if applicable) are carried out as per the approved procedure. Thereafter the final welded test coupon is sent for the Radiography test – RT (or Ultrasonic Test – UT) and Mechanical tests (if applicable, as per the requirements of the code of construction). After a satisfactory test report, the welder may be employed for the production welding (or fabrication welding).
OUR CORE SERVICES INCLUDE:
Inspection, testing and endorsement services for various industries
Conventional and Advance NDT Services
Asset Integrity Management and Field Inspection Services
Post-Weld Heat Treatment (PWHT) Services
Mechanical and Welding Qualification Testing
Metallurgical Failure Investigation
Corrosion Investigation and Testing
Analytical Chemical Testing
Rope Access for inspection at heights and "Normally difficult to Access" locations.
Our services are indispensable for the process owners and help them decide the course of action related to their materials, equipment, components for qualification and continued usage through our core services.
OVER THREE DECADES OF PROFESSIONAL EXCELLENCE
Analytical and Technical Laboratory in the Middle East having Metallurgy, Mechanical Testing, Chemical Testing,
NDT, Marine Survey, Field Inspection, Asset Integrity Services and PWHT facilities all under one roof that employs over 100 professionals. And Versatile Integrated Quality Management System and International Approvals.